Fuel saving waste of money then???

No fair, i put a winky in!

-- Chet

Chet

I think that simply means some of it is, or once was, made of aluminium.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Form original post:-

Well 'up to' includes 0% & -10% doesn't it.....snake oil; some of the 'satisfied customer' type articles on their web site are good for a laugh though ;-))

Reply to
airsmoothed

*If* we assume the torrent of opinion //against// this device is true, what concerns me is the number of reprinted reviews of this item from the motoring press saying that it *does* work. And not just from arse-end misinformed mags like MaxPower and brethren, but from such periodicals as Car Mechanic and, I think, the Times Motoring supplement.

Go on - have a quick look...it's wierd.

-- Ken Davidson

snipped-for-privacy@removehotmail.com remove remove to email

Reply to
DocDelete

Which tells you all you need to know about the reporters in question. It's called the Which phenomonen, it looks really good until they write about something you actually know about & then you realise they haven't got a clue

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Hi "James Sweet"

A long lost cousin or my uncle from Wales maybe??

Reply to
Steve Sweet

Car Mechanics also recommended the tin pellets thingies. I think they're just short of cash.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Not really, these companies are good at employing people to write articles which look like reporting. They send them off to assorted motoring correspondents who simply pick them up and use the articles as is or with minor changes - saves hours of work.

Reply to
Peter Parry

When I looked the quote from Car Mechanics looked positively glowing, whereas the article seemed rather inconclusive when I read the whole lot. Of course, a lot of people won't read the whole article.

Reply to
Doki

CCC Magazine did a proper scientific test a few months back, on a Golf. They concluded it did precisely nothing.

Reply to
Nom

Doki ( snipped-for-privacy@SPAMMENOTspidar.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The art of selective quoting....

Reply to
Adrian

On a carb car that is running rich anything that reduces fuel flow will reduce how rich the engine is and will therefore improve economy.

It's well documented elsewhere why this sort of thing worked in the past with older cars, but these days with closed loop fuel injection systems there is no way that it can work, the system will simply compensate for any "good" (i.e. restricting fuel flow) that the device can do.

-- James

Reply to
James

Not really as running *too* lean will reduce economy.

Reply to
Robert R News

Dunno, most of my heritage is english, but my family has been in the US for quite a number of generations.

Reply to
James Sweet

And the reason for this is because the "tests" they show you rely on gravity alone(tornado) or other gimmicks to make their point.

A *few* products do work, but they are fairly simple things like injector cleaners(though you have to use 3-4 bottles at once to get any real effect) or better burning spark plugs and the like.

In the case of the Tornado, for instance, they neglect to mention that the car has compression and will suck in as much air as it needs. Simple physics. You need a supercarger to force more air in or a turbocharger to increase its density to get more power. No magic pills.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

CCC's test was no more scientific than the manufacturers claim that it works, but saying that, the ccc test is a more believable result.

Reply to
James Grabowski