GEM Motoring Breakdown ~ any experience?

The Daily Mail reports that GEM breakdown insurance cover came out well in a recent Auto Express survey. See

The full list, in order of overall rating, was: 1 GEM Motoring Assist; 2 Autonational Rescue; 3 RAC; 4 National Breakdown; 5 More Than; 6 Green Flag; 7 The AA; 8 Norwich Union; 9 Tesco; 10 Direct Line; 11 Churchill

I've never heard of GEM. Has anyone used them. What were they like?

This is GEM's website:

David

I think with GEM, you call out a recovery (or call them and they send one from a local garage), then you pay the recovery guy and claim back from GEM.

Reply to
Elder

Curious - I'm with AutoAid (a similar sort-it-yourself insurance scheme to how you described GEM). I see they are not on the list but they are very highly rated by the people at the MoneySavingExpert.com website..

I wonder if Auto Express knows something I don't or just didn't consider them?

Reply to
PCPaul