Glow plugs bus bar

My glow plugs bus bar on my astravan is not looking too healthy. Anyone know what the current draw is as I've got some 30amp cable and was wondering if
that will be ok to make new connections to each plug?
On Sat, 30 May 2009 10:29:19 +0100, Redwood wrote:

I don't actually know, but I can't imagine it would be more than 30A per plug. The total current would then be 120A, and I doubt it would be that high.
I've measured around 15A per plug typically, but not specifically on an Astra.
Bear in mind that the maximum current will only be when the plugs are heating; the current will be significantly lower when the plug is at maximum temperature.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Redwood wrote:

that would be fine stuff to use and completely adegauate IIRC the draw is about 5 amp each

Cheers, I'll sort that out laters. May as well get the plugs out as well just check they're all glowing. Starts well tho, although a little hunting first thing on 100% veg.

It's the volt drop that'll get you before the heat. But 6mm2 should be fine for glow plugs.

All seems to be fine. Tested each glowy as well and a nice red hot glow within 10 secs. Note to self, next time wait a bit longer before trying pick the fekkers up after testing !!!