glow plugs

Well i have done atest and i have got power to all the glow plugs, but it still is missing first thing in the morning,can it still be a glw plug not getting
very hot?? thanks from chris

take them out the sooted ones arent doing anything
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:38:53 +0000, Chris
is missing first thing in the morning,can it still be a glw plug not getting very hot??

If you have power to the plugs the next step is to see if they are working, either with a multi meter or take the out and connect them across a battery to see if they glow.
Your best test instrument is a clipon multimeter. These have like a donut that clips around the feed cable to measure DC current. Each glow plug should pull 12 amps. The beauty of this test method is no disconnection is required. Mike
wrote:

still is missing first thing in the morning,can it still be a glw plug not getting very hot??

I am not going to mess a round i am just going to fit new ones.fitting Champions CH 163.then i am ready for any very cold weather.if we get any? from chris Addlestone Surrey,,
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:39:25 GMT

still is missing first thing in the morning,can it still be a glw plug not getting very hot??

Chris wrote:

Probably varies considerably but it appears probable that by the time starting became a problem for me 3 glow plugs were faulty so you are probably making a wise choice. I bought BERU - which are the genuine "Citroen" part according to the box. 6 a piece from eurocarparts.com (they have a local outlet).
Are they very good Glow plugs???and are u having any problems with them?
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:26:39 -0000

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:38:08 +0000, Chris

I would definitely use Beru and give Champions a miss, and Halfords own a VERY wide berth!!!

halfords in leeds source quite a lot of parts from andrew pages i find i can play them off against each other to get a cheaper price

I've used Halfords and so has a friend and had no problems.
--
Malc

Permitted to use the outs de lan
Chris wrote:

Well they are the genuine manufacturers part. If there was a problem with them you would probably see a lot of complaints in this group, whereas a google groups search shows very little for glow plugs at all, except warnings about Halfords own branded product.
I have only just fitted mine replacing Bosch which were probably the 1997 originals.