Glowplugs

Hi folks,

Xantia 1.9TD 95N

Glowplugs need changing and as I have every intention of keeping this old but reliable motor for at least 18 months I'd like your thoughts and recommendations on the best make of plug to buy.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Bosch worked for me. Halfords own didn't. (on a BX XUD)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Bosch are pretty good by all accounts. Shame they don't do them for my Focus.

Reply to
Chris Street

These guys have glow-plugs for gbp 6.80 for your car.

Don't know what make they are though. The sell different makes - Champion, Denso etc.

cheers

Graham

Reply to
Graham

The message from "Graham" contains these words:

I've used cheap glows before - never again. Ended up changing them for proper ones a few weeks later after they all blew.

Reply to
Guy King

two types for XUD

TD type cost more but work OK

Non TD type will burn out in days if fitted in TD (They look identical)

Go to GSF or Euro car parts

HTH Phil

PS enjoy the changing. I hope you have very long this pinkies

Reply to
Phil