Manufacturer Reliability

Hi,

At my age I've had enough of crawling about under cars or trying to hire some nerd to hook up his computer to my motor and tell me what's wrong with it. I'm too old for all that s*1t. Is there an up to date list of the most *reliable* manufacturers serving the UK market out there anywhere? I'd really appreciate a link - or even informed opinions on which car-makers are worth a look at and which others are best to avoid. Can afford new, so looking to buy something RELIABLE in the 3-10 years old range.

cheers.

Reply to
Martin James Smith

Toyota Hybrid:

People got anxious about the battery in hybrid systems, but they're actually holding out a long time - 150K-200K miles. The hybrid system is actually much gentler on the engine and other mechanical components so they last longer too (no clutches, no timing belts, no DPFs).

Another direction to go in is electric - there's not even an engine to worry about (no oil changes, no spark plugs...). But you probably want a relatively new one (1-2yr) as the first ones are a bit fussy - and avoid Nissan Leafs.

Theo

Reply to
Theo