Going to a pre-booked MOT

So if there isn't any law, exactly what are you going to get prosecuted for?

Reply to
SimonJ

:-)

Reply to
SimonJ

Sadly the Police who stop you are unlikely to want to decide whether there is a law or not (or will just be plain wrong) so you'll end up with a lot of hassle going to court about it.

I wouldn't be so sure a magistrate will get the details absolutely right either...

Reply to
PC Paul

it was an analogy.

Reply to
reg

If you say so!

Reply to
SimonJ

I very much doubt it would get as far as court, the plod on the street may want to make up the law as he goes along, but I'm pretty sure the CPS would not take on a case where no law had been broken.

I'd make bloody certain my solicitor did though!

Reply to
SimonJ