Grease for brake components

I going to have a go at my friends vw polo front brakes, very straight forward affair.

Over the years I've used copper grease on the back of the pads, calipers pins and the slider with no problems.

Apparently I read on multiple websites copper grease is the worst grease to use.

I found this stuff

Is this any good or are there any other you can recommend ?

thanks

Reply to
Pete

As long as you understand where to use it Copaslip is fine.

Don't get it on any non-metallic materials, don't get it on any friction surfaces, keep it away from ABS components.

If you are going to specifically buy "brake grease", they will all be much the same and are silicone-based.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

There are many websites that talk bollocks, just don't cover everything in it

Any antiseize compound should be fine .

Reply to
Duncan Wood

It's re-branded Mintex and you will pay a premium for the Pagid name.

Bosch make something similar.

You need special grease for parts that have rubber boots like sliding pins. Mineral based grease will eat the rubber and allow water in causing the caliper to seize. Mintex Ceratec is a good brake grease as it's compatible with rubber. It can also be used anywhere copperslip is used like back and thrust ends of pads so you don't need 2 different greases for the brake job.

Reply to
Peter Hill

and it is only three quid a tube

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for the info all.

Yeah I realise where to put it where nto to now :)

Just a dab on the back of pads (metal on metal) and a smear on the sliders, and caliper pins.

Reply to
Joseph

Forgot to ask is servisol grease any good as I have a tube of that in my tootlbox.

Reply to
Joseph

I bought a 500g tub of millers red brake grease (specifically for brake pistons and seals) for a fiver today in a local shop. on ebay they rare 13 quid, so maybe I should buy more and re-sell it.

Reply to
Mrcheerful