Greasing caliper pin ?

Do you grease the thread part of a caliper pin or the "flat" part of it ?

Reply to
James

James

I forgot to add to that, there was a bit of a debate on what kind of grase to use, in my cupboard I have a big pot of copper grease and some silicone grease which my wife used to use for her sewing machine. But I belive it could be used for this application ? (good for high temp things, waterproof etc)

Thanks

Reply to
James

Copper Grease, without a doubt is THE best for high temp applications.

It's used in the diecasting industry to keep extraction pins lubricated under extremely high temperatures that are produced by molten metals by being put into a die under pressure.

-- Zozzer

Reply to
Zozzer

However your brake pins don't get that hot, or the rubber sleeves would melt

Reply to
Duncan Wood

... which is why silicone grease is usually the recommended grease for this application.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

The rubber would spotaenously ignite and the vehicle would probably too.

No, the point to remember is that the copper grease would perform well without breaking down at the temperatures produced in the brakes.

-- Zozzer.

Reply to
Zozzer