HALFORDS Pushy creditcard sales ppl in the aisles

Watch out in your local halfords store. They have pushy sales ppl following you round the shop pestering you to sign up for a Halfords credit card with the promise of a 10% off voucher if you fill in the forms.

Anybody else seen them? Quite annoying if you go in frequently for things and get approached each time. They employ the kind of women you see on the make up counters of department stores.

Reply to
David

The message from David < @ > contains these words:

Tell 'em you're leaving if they bother you again.

Reply to
Guy King

Unqualified orange-faced middle-aged women? Excellent. Halfords here we come...

Reply to
David R

I usually offer them something I have with me. They say no, you pester them. Ask them if they like it. Usually gets them to f*ck off.

Reply to
David R

David ( @ ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'm amazed that your average Halfrauds customer would qualify for a credit card. An ASBO, p'raps.

Reply to
Adrian

Probably a store card. Any pikey can get one of those.

Reply to
SteveH

No, it's a credit card. I now just tell them that I filled out hteir application form and got the card and immediately sent it back because the interest rate is shockingly high. They leave me alone then.

Reply to
gazzafield

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "David R" saying something like:

This err.. something you have with you. Animal, vegetable or mineral?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

i dred to think what it may be :-)

Reply to
bongo

A flacid middle-aged penis can be quite useful at times. Unfortunately not at what it was intended for, but we all grow old...

Reply to
David R

The message from "David R" contains these words:

As it happens I've just bought a Mondeo!

Reply to
Guy King

It's simple. You just say, quite firmly, "No I'm not interested". They look hurt and put out at you and you turn and walk off. Works for me.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

More amusing, if you have the time, is to express an interest "because no-one else will give me credit with all the CCJ's I have" :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Of course its simple. Suggest to them you may be interest and would they accept your driving licence and bail form, and from next week, you might not be around for a bit.....

Seriously, if you've been browsing at Halfords, leave the store and buy what you saw via the internet. It'll be much cheaper from elsewhere.

Adam H

Hmmm... too close to home for me!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

No, the only point to using Halfords is to get something straightaway. If I could wait I'd go to the motor factors.

With the one exception of their pro tool range, the merits of which (ie guarantee) we've dicussed before.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The old "Invite the jehovah's witnesses in to confuse em" gag method, can't be beaten.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

I seem to be a s**t magnet for these ar**holes in the high street. I mean. I'm on my lunchtime wander and *want* to be left along but they always seem to line up five in a row and you hit them in that order. They even watch you palm off the prior ar**hle before taking their turn. The don't like it much when I tell them in no uncertan words to get the f**k out of my face.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

When they tried the bait-and-switch (send pretty girl to front door then the old bat moves in to harangue you) on an outspoken mate of mine he just leered and said 'she can come in, you can bugger off' and they fled...

Reply to
PC Paul