HALFORDS Pushy creditcard sales ppl in the aisles

The message from "Paul Hubbard" contains these words:

Oh, I don't know. Someone I know happened to be butchering some meat and was holding a rather bloody knife when they rang at the door.

Opening it complaining "Do you know how long it takes to get a goat and a virgin to the altar at the SAME TIME?" while waving a bloody knife seems a good try.

Reply to
Guy King

I used to have a sign by my front door when I resided in London, basically along the lines of "No Door To Door Salesmen, Jehovahs Witnesses Or Other False Religious Luminaries - Thank You".

Some prat tried it on, he basically said that he could not read and could not believe that somebody could be so godless with such a sign, to which I replied "so you can read otherwise you would not have made that statement about me being so godless, now p**s off and leave me in peace".

I understand nowadays that in the area I used to live, they now get door to door romanians etc.causing hassle. So much for an englishmans home being his castle.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

And good virgins are so hard to find these days......! :o)

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

The message from "Paul Hubbard" contains these words:

All I get is British (bloody) Gas slammers. One of these days I'm going to send a recorded devilry letter to BG telling them that if they call again they will have agreed to pay a £50 door-opening charge. Then when they turn up, invoice them and pursue them through the small claims court.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Paul Hubbard" contains these words:

Oh, /good/ virgins aren't so bad, it's naughty virgins that are so rare.

Reply to
Guy King

Can't remember which of the four Douglas Adams HHGTTG books it was but the segment concerning the Furlornis Fire Dragons that still cracks me up.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

I much prefer to answer the door and start flirting with them. Including taking clothes off etc. It works well on the ladies (and there is nothing wrong with answering a door in your underwear as long as nothing is on show. It works even better on the blokes - they seem to get VERY scared!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Paul Hubbard" saying something like:

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish. Couldn't recall, but I've just finished re-reading the Quadrilogy.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Flushed, sticky, but still claiming to be virgins? :o)

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard