Ford Puma engine cutting out

Driving home today the engine died in my 1.7. while driving along. Rolled to a stop. Engine wouldn't start, left it for a few minutes when it started again. Drove it home and sometimes it would seem to stop for a fraction of a second and then start backup as you could see the dash lights go thru their start up sequence and power would drop for a little bit. Some times it would just die and I would be stuck in road for 5 minutes until it started back up.

Doesn't seem to battery as lights are ok and connections look fine. You can hear fuel pump so I think the immobiliser is ok. No warning lights are on.

Using the trip button trick I was able to get the following 2 error codes from the ECU 5967 and 0115.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Wibble

Sounds like vacuum in fuel tank - air can't get in quickly enough to replace fuel used, ie try running without filler cap. Lol

Reply to
Lol

crank sensor symptoms

5967 is not a valid code 0115 is coolant temp
Reply to
mrcheerful