"Has someone turned up the heater?" -- Zafira driver

or

Mike Tomlinson

I was trying hard not to be prejudiced, but the more that burn the better!

They are the worst driven and maintained heaps of s**te on the roads - as new, many are Motability cars, which then end up on the forecourts of sub-prime finance dealers, to be flogged to rough families who struggle with the concept of birth control. Due to the 29.9% APR finance, there's no money left for maintenance, so tyres are often a mis-matched set of Ying Tong Iddle I Po part-worn specials, with the bare minimum of tread left - and annual servicing is an MOT from dodgy Dave... I believe the expert suggested that blocked pollen filters may well be a contributory factor. Which points to the lack of proper maintenance.

Reply to
SteveH

The only real road rage I have ever encountered came from a Zafira driver, maybe the car contributed to his bad temper?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I've had a Zafira B 1.8i Design hire car. I can fully understand why he'd be angry!

Reply to
SteveH

As curious, I looked up

to find out about the zafire. After a couple of clicks around, this came up:

"CONGRATULATUIONS £250 OFF AN ZAFIRE TOURER"

but wait:

"ON TOP OF ANY OTHER OFFER+ +Terms & Conditions Apply."

Reply to
johannes

I've no experience of them, but wouldn't buy any car with a name that seems to have been generated by a Scrabble programme.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's good to see the Grauniad's grasp of punctuation is as good as ever:

?We have some evidence that resistors in some of the cars that have burned are not original Vauxhall parts,? but copycats, the spokesman said.

Reply to
Scott M

En el artículo , Scott M escribió:

Some things never change :)

You may like this:

Mike Tomlinson

Had one as works pool car. It was lethal. Night time on road covered with grey brown filth, same stuff up the verge and hedges so only the white line to go on. Came to a right hand corner and the white line vanished behind the pillar.

Seems the technique at right hand bends was if you could see the white line though the screen you were over the white line and if it appeared in the side window you had missed the turn and were crashing.

Oxymorons GM "Design" Ford "STYLE" Or is it just Irony?

Reply to
Peter Hill

My favourite is BMW ED (I suspect that they didn't get any input from a native English speaker on that one)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

ED = Efficient Dynamics.

What's wrong with that?

Reply to
SteveH

With your age and health, I'm surprised you need to ask.

Reply to
Adrian