Heated rear window problem

The trouble and strife has managed to snap off the male Lucar connector from the heated rear window glass, either with the shopping or the dogs - but it matters little!

Has anyone found a method of reattaching the connector, and if so how? On close inspection it looks to have been fixed to the ''printed'' resistance strips via some sort of spot weld process. (can't replicate that at home :-( )

Cheers Julian.

Reply to
Julian

This question has cropped up before, a google groups search might turn something up, IIRC people have suggested they have had success with conductive glue but I can't remember the details.

Reply to
Jerry

Thanks, I've got conductive paint but not glue. I can't see the paint having enough adhesive properties for success. I'm off to try google like you suggest.

Cheers Julian.

Reply to
Julian

My instinct would be to glue a new connection to the screen next to the old one, using a nice strong epoxy, then bridge the gap with conductive paint. Finally, stress relieve the cable when you fit it.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

That's pure genius! I'm going to give that one a try for sure, thanks very much.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

I got one going by wedging the connector into the rubber surround after cleaning up the surfaces that touch.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Years ago on an old Talbot Alpine I managed to glue the broken stump back on using a hot glue gun. It wasn't pretty, but neither was the car! It lasted the 18 months I ran the car.

Reply to
Doctor D

I bought a tab repair kit from

some years ago and it did the job perfectly. It uses a conductive epoxy two-part adhesive. They're in Colorado but will ship to the UK.

Peter

Reply to
Eccles