heated rear window

The cable connector has become detatched from the heated rear window on my

110. Is there some sort of glue that will conduct electricity thaI can use to refix the connector?

Gerald

Reply to
Idris

|| The cable connector has become detatched from the heated rear window || on my 110. Is there some sort of glue that will conduct electricity || thaI can use to refix the connector? || || Gerald

You can get a special conductive paint (sorry, can't remember the name) specifically for repairing broken elements in HRWs. Maybe that would do it? Motor accessory shops would be my first port of call.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Must have been a wild party you had in there :)

Woulsn't it be better/simpler to use solder?

Reply to
William Tasso

|| On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:19:43 +0100, Idris || wrote: || ||| The cable connector has become detatched from the heated rear ||| window on my ||| 110. || || Must have been a wild party you had in there :)

:-)

Not if it's become detatched from the glass!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

search for Conductive Paint - £6.99 a bottle

John

Reply to
John Moppett

I don't think conductive paint will glue the connector back on to the glass. What you need is silver loaded epoxy adhesive. I don't think Maplin's do it, RS components do, but they are not cheap, I am sure someone knows of a cheaper source.

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

New window glass £40 ish and gunge it in with dum dum.

Reply to
jOn