Help - air escaping

Bit desperate here.

I've just attached my air compressor to one of the tyres on my sister's car(because it was low). When I took it off, all the air started escaping, as if the valve has got stuck. I put the dust cap back on, and this seems to have stopped the sound of air escaping, although I'm sure it must still be escaping but more slowly.

I then did the same with another tyre with the same result.

What should I do, as I fear by morning, both tyres will be flat, and she's coming to collect it in half an hour.

Reply to
Paul S

get a matchstick and poke the valve you might have some dirt stuck in them.

Reply to
reg

And then check that they have sealed by putting spit over the end. It shouldn't bubble up.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Cannot get rid of the image now of the valve failing and a cartoon esque blown up Paul floating around......

Reply to
Chris Street