Nationwide Autocentre MOT = £33.10

If anyone's MOT is due for renewal, Nationwide Autocentre will do it for £33.10 (£20 saving). Got mine MOT'd on Saturday.

See link below.

Slider

Hi The only thing to watch is they usually always find something wrong to get the repair job out of you!!!! Best places are the ones who don't do repairs

Best of luck with the MOT,let us know what happens

Reply to
mark smith

They did mine on Saturday, passed but had an advisory on the tyres. Offside rear down to 2.6mm, both front, slightly worn on inner but not enough to fail. By the way, my car is a Fiat, so if they wanted to 'find something wrong' it would be believable!! :-)

Reply to
Slider

I haven't got a good word to say for Nationwide Autocentre's - I would never go there again.

Reply to
Hiram

Depends on the centre, I'm sure. I've had nothing but good, competant service from the one in Preston (Aquaduct St). Enough that they talked me out from giving them business on a couple of occasions (suggesting cheaper alternatives), but it does mean that over the years I've gone back and spent ~£1k with them on tyres.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Yep, I guess so - aren't they franchises?

Reply to
Hiram

The ones I've used have been fine, when they have failed something genuine, and I've repaired it, the retests have been quick and no further faults found.

Reply to
Elder

Some of them used to be Halford, then AA, then eventually became nationwide as each chain sold up. Some of the ones not attached to Halfords are chains though.

I've used the Warrington attached to the Halfords store, been good and stuck to quoted prices, and never found "other" work while doing things.

They even went as far as opening up half an hour early for me to collect my car. I had the car in for a job, and arranged to collect as soon as they opened. My girlfriend dropped me off on her way to work, so I expected so I was going to have a smoke while I waited. The door opened and friendly voice shouted out "Mr Robson?" He saw me arrive and they were just having their morning brew before opening.

Reply to
Elder

Me neither. I once took my car for a =A320 brake system check and they didn't put the wheel back on properly, and it fell off about 300 yards down the road. Not impressed.

Reply to
GazChap