Help needed with Fiesta Diagnostic socket wiring.

Hi, I am still struggling with the emmisions on my mums fiesta. I bought the HBOL and a fault code reader. The book says the FCR socket is a

3 pin socket near the bulkhead or behind the battery. Sure enough there was a 3 pin socket behind the battery which is a perfect fit for the FCR. Connecting the FCR to this gave no results at all. I have metered the wiring through from the socket by the battery to the EEC-IV socket and found it goes to pins 3, 23 and 24, which according to the Haynes wiring diagram makes this the "octane or idle adjust" socket. The pins for the diagnostic socket are shown as 17 and 48, with its third wire going to ground. 17 and 48 have indeed got the B/Gn and Br/Gn wires in them but without splitting the harness I cannot find where they go. Has anyone any idea where the diagnostic socket is on a 1995/6 fiesta 1.1 classic please? Before I chop the plug off the FCR and bodge it straight into the EEC-IV socket?

Cheers,

Tony.

Reply to
Tony Wilkinson

According to the info I have, it is located behind the l/h headlight, or on the l/h inner wing. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

By L/H do you mean as you sit in the car, or looking in the front? The socket I found was behind the N/S or passenger side headlight, but the wiring from the EEC-IV socket terminals 17 and 48 set off in the loom going across the bulkhead towards the drivers side of the engine bay.

Cheers,

Tony.

Reply to
Tony Wilkinson

message

Yes. or looking in the front? The

I know nothing about the wiring, but you should be able to retrieve two digit codes with an LED by connecting it between terminal 3 on the SD connector and the battery positive, and bridging terms 1 and 2.

3 digit codes, AFAIK require an FCR. I think a 1996 car could be either as that was around the changeover time. Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

Hi, I found the socket, it has a 16-pin OBD style socket behind a panel in the passenger footwell. I dont know if this car will be OBD1 or OBDII. Can anyone advise?

Cheers,

Tony.

Reply to
Tony Wilkinson