Honda Jazz reversing sensors

Does anyone know where the bleeper is normally fitted?

An elderly friend has just had some fitted by the Honda dealer and he tells me (he lives miles away) he can't hear the sound very well.

Reply to
John

dealers often fit them in the 'boot' area so they are easier to fit , but of course quieter. the bleeper can easily be moved higher when it will be easy to hear. take it back and complain, or just move it, the wire will be long enough, some hook and loop tape will be enough to hold it up

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks - this could be the case - he has bits of old carpet in the boot that he moves to each new car - so probably he is muffling the sound. As he is elderly he needs it to be behind the dash ideally - but I guess the dealer wants to minimise non-standard wiring runs.

Reply to
John

Huh?

Ah, that would explain it.

Reply to
Graculus

My friend has had a look around with the help of a neighbour and he confirms there is a box in the boot area - and it isn't covered by carpet. He has called the dealer and I think they are going to move the unit.

If this doesn't give the desired result (I don't consider him to be hard of hearing but accept that high frequencies are first to suffer with age) do you know if the sounder could be replaced? Are they usually built onto a PCB - or are they separate?

He has had sensors on several previous cars and has not experienced any difficulties hearing them.

Reply to
John

The only type I am familiar with has a separate piezo sounder which can be located anywhere. If it is built into the box of the controller then no doubt a remote one could be added, maplins would sell something suitable.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Reply to
John