New Honda Jazz and rear doorseal water leak.

I've got a current model Honda Jazz. Water leaks in through the top horizontal doorseal of both rear doors.

The door seals have been replaced (by the supplying dealer) but the leak is still there. The dealer says he has also adjusted the fit of the rear doors.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with this car? I think it used to happen with earlier versions, but I thought Honda had that sorted.

What could be tried to cure this leak - any ideas?

Regards.

Reply to
Sally

Return it for a refund as it is unsuitable for the purpose supplied. I thought this was possibly the most unpleasant new car I have ever driven, with very poor build quality. Are they built in the uk?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Yes, it's a common problem and is easily fixed. You have a useless dealer for a start, as there is a technical bulletin for this.

Basically they need to scrape out the sealant at the rear end of the gutters, reseal and paint over. We normally have the car for two days, and so far have been 100% fixed.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt