How easy to fix trolly dent?

How easy is it to fix which looks like a small dimple/dent possibly caused by a shopping trolley at the rear quarter of the car near to where the fuel flap is. Metallic paint it is.

Reply to
Gary

Depends on your level of skill. Basically I would say it is not easy. You've got to push the dent out, or pull it out, and/or level it with filler, and then sand and paint. The chances of getting a match with metallic paint are remote. I suggest you try one of these dent removal companies to do it for you.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

Gary Get one of the dent removal firms in. I had one to my wife's Fiesta (she works at Tesco so she gets plenty of dents). It was amazing to watch the dents disappear and no painting required. There are a few firms, like Dent Devils etc, who do it. If you live near Plymouth I can give you the number of an independent guy who is excellent. Dave

Reply to
Stig

I have looked at their websites. They seem to say they need access to behind the dent? Is this correct? What happens if they cant access behind the dent? Its only a small pock mark kind of dent. £75 per panel it says on one website. I cant see them being able to access behind the dent where it is.

Reply to
Gary

When he did our Fiesta he did dents in the wings, doors and tailgate and he didn't remove anything. He did it all with bent probes going through small gaps. Like you mate, I was sceptical at first but I watched him do it and I was stunned fartless.

Reply to
Stig

It's all about having the right tools for the job and most importantly the skill and experience to use them. The independent guy that did mine on a brand new car i'd had 4 days was a wizard. Not a trace of a dint anywhere - i actually couldn't remember where it was exactly and there was absolutely no hint whatsoever - i was genuinely amazed. £25 he charged, i'm in south yorkshire. He was saying how when he starts hammering on 60 grand porsches and mercs the owners usually start to panic - the punches he used are plastic or something. He must have had a hundred of the knobbly dint removing irons at least - top bloke.

Reply to
JohnR