I've looked at the manual...........

Here.

Nothing in here says that the windscreen wipers need to srlf park. My Brava's wiper motor has lost the self park function and it's MOT is due so it looks like it will still pass. What does the panel think?

It's probably the case as I had an old 1973 Mini as my first car with single speed non self parking wipers.

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

there is no need for self park, just sweep the right area of screen on demand

Reply to
MrCheerful

gazzafield (rufty_tufty snipped-for-privacy@nospam.thankyou.says_I.ko) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There y'go, then.

No problem. I know this for a fact, btw, from several of the fleet. It may just be a relay.

Reply to
Adrian

When this happened to me it turned out to be a fuse, strangely.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

this is taken from my VOSA testers manual issue 1.0 section 8, subsection

8.3 page 2 - issue date 10th jan 2005

Information: Wiper Blades.

Wiper blades that park automaticaly in a postion that obsecures the view through the windscreen are subject to Reason for Rejection 1 [1]

[1]
so what it means is if its parked or parks in the upright position it becomes an obstruction, its not down to the tester to get the wipers to park correctly, the older vehicles that do not have a self park facility pass because that is down to design charitaristics.
Reply to
reg