Idle Air Control Valve

Can anyone advise how easy it is to find and replace the idle air control valve on a fuel injected 1990 Nissan Sunny as the car will no longer idle without my foot on the gas. The car started OK today and drove OK initially however now when ever I take my foot off the gas the change gear the oil and battery warning lights come on and the engine stalls. The car has half a tank of petrol and has stood in the open over the Christmas break. It has never had this problem before and has always been kept out. The engine has been round the clock.

Thanks

there are several posible engines for that model, so more info needed. Before anything else I suggest you have a hunt round the engine bay, preferably with it running (assistant may be needed) and check for air leaks, both by ear with a bit of hose pipe and with a can of carb cleaner, any change in idle may show where an air leak is. at that age rubber gets quite delicate and a small air leak in will spoil the idle.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Peter Hill