Impact nut driver

Maplin have got an impact driver on special offer for 20 quid. Runs off the car battery. Max torque 250 ft.lb. 1/2" square drive. Seems well made and robust. It certainly works ok.

Dave Plowman (News)

Looks like the one I bought about 2 years ago. Cost me about £25 IIRC. Does the job, but has a slow inpact rate, as the motor has to regain speed after each impact. Doe that one work in the same way? Mike.

Mike G

I bought one from Maplins and very impressed. Yes it does take a few secs before it clonks into action but it shifted the stubborn wheel bolts on a Citroen Synergie that had not been off in years. Before using the impact wrench I tested the tightness of one of the bolts and could only just about budge it using a 3 foot extension. The rest of the bolts using the impact wrench took 5 clunks each to remove. After fitting the wheel and torque to spec (100Nm) I tried the impact again and it loosened them after 2 to 3 clunks. I'd say well worth 20 notes.

Reply to
Redwood