Intermittent speedo on Peugeot 406 coupe - where's the pickup located?

I am suffering from an intermittent speedo on Peugeot 406 coupe - just comes and goes without provocation. Given that the mileometer and trip-meter also stop, I suspect the sensor/pickup (also rapping on the dial does not bring it back).

Does anyone know where on the 406 the pickup is located?

Reply to
Alan F Cross

If it's anything like the Xantia I think it is on the back LHS of the gearbox in an impossible to reach place where you need fingers like a baby's to get to but with the power of superman to be able to do anything useful.

If you've got a tacho take some note of the revs at various useful speeds like 30mph before it packs up completely.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc