changing rover stereo

Hi all, probably a simple question for someone, but not me, I want to change the stereo in my rover 200, the wife misses her CD's, I've been told the factory fitted rover stereo is connected to the imobiliser and removing it could be a little dodgy, is this correct? could I change the stereo without problems? any help will be much appreciated.

Be Lucky Chilli

Reply to
Chilli

If you have the standard R770 headunit, why not buy a Philips multichanger. It uses the Philips RC026. The Rover one is ludicrously expensive.

There's a few for sale on Ebay, the soonest to finish is in 4 hours, and currently stands at £102, including cable.

If you need to buy a cable separately, they don't come cheap. Just my two-penneth. :-) E-mail address, hopefully self-explanatory Andy Pandy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Further to your query, I've just bought a 200 series with an old Blaupunkt stereo installed. Fancied a new stereo and so pulled the old one out (mistake)...........b***dy wires all over the gaff (someones botched affair), and now the immobiliser won't let me start the engine (can open c-locking ok with key), any ideas on how to reset/over-ride immobiliser?

-sg

Reply to
SG

fwiw that's certainly not the case in my 600.

Reply to
Lordy