is this the right block number?

What's important is the gear ratio of the top gear in the gearbox being used. Until we know that, I think we're just stabbing in the dark but on Capris, the difference between 3.44:1 and 3.77:1 works out at 300RPM difference at 70MPH.

Reply to
Conor

or if you just want the number on ebay 280235148694 Hehe, no ta. Actually it seems to have 2 Cortina axles :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

he has a totally different engine but might be able to get you in> touch with other people who have them There was at least 2 at Stoneleigh> kitcar show a couple of months ago & Newark kitcar show is next weekend> so if you have other transport might be worth a journey over to try to> hook up with other owners. Lad across road from my father built one a> few years ago & I'm sure only sold it a couple of years ago, that's> assuming he sold it & didn't move away, hence not seeing it anymore. As> he's only just outside Worksop I could call round & ask him if he has> any information for you if you wanted. owt would be useful ta.

If i can get it done and sorted for next week i will pop along...i doubt it will be though (anyone going from Sheffield)

just spent ages googling and not found much at all, only a compter game and yank day vans

Reply to
Jules