Jag s type electric seats

On my s type I have the seatts and column which move away when the key is taken out of the ignition and return to their memorised posistion when the key is ins again. The problem is that I have the seat on the highest setting and when it goes right down to the bottom it is awkward to get in. Does any one know if the motor which controls the height can be disconnected so that the seat will only move backwards?

Reply to
dave567567 via CarKB.com

I take it you've asked Jaguar if there's a setting to prevent the seat from moving?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I can switch it off altogether, but i'd like the seat and the coolumn to move away as it should do but not to move down, hence my question. Jag won,t say as it would invalidate the warranty...as if!

Reply to
dave567567 via CarKB.com