Kalos

Just got a Kalos - 2004 for my wife who will use it for short journeys.

I am quite impressed but would welcome any preventative maintenance tips.

Reply to
John

John ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That'll be the Direwoilet?

Reply to
Adrian

"John" wrote in news:Ndv%g.7494$t6.2596 @newsfe4-win.ntli.net:

"Drove my Chevy to the levy, but the levy was dry. Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye, singing : 'This will be the day that I die'. ..."

Reply to
Tunku

I've got the older Lanos which is a great little run-a-round. Apart from the odd electrical gremlin and trim rattles I think second hand woo's are good value for money. I'm not sure what engine is in the Kalos but in older Woo's it's important the cambelt is changed every 40k and regular oil changes.

Reply to
redwood

Apparently the UK has one levee which is somewhere in Lincolnshire. I know John Peel (bless him) always meant to buy a Chevy so he could drive it there but never did.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Why bother though, then there's much better more reliable cars available for the same cash?

Reply to
David R

Define much better and more reliable for the cash?

Reply to
redwood

Cars such as Daewoos & Kias depreciate for a very good reason, people are all too aware of the problems that inevitably appear after a short time, in comparison with other, better-built and thought-out cars.

They're not a 'bargain' just because of this, they're asking for trouble! I dare say many people would rather have a car 2 years older than the one you currently went for, that would be more reliable. I do hope it's good for you of course, it's just that let's be honest, it probably wont be in the long run. You're not really saving money, except in the intial purchase.

Reply to
David R

Given he lived in East Anglia & they're all over the place he must have been pretty inobservant.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Vim Fuego ( snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

John Peel owned a 60s Impala for decades. It just rarely worked.

Reply to
Adrian

Depends on how you define a levee I think - whether it's just raised banking ,or whether it actively increases flow speed through it, or some such guff.

Reply to
Vim Fuego