Keyless entry.

A couple of months ago, a neighbour had their Disco stolen. Not sure of the age, but it had keyless entry. New one sports one of those bright
yellow steering wheel locking thingies, and they keep the car keys in a special 'safe' said to stop the code being intercepted.
Yesterday, my next door neighbour's F Type Jag disappeared. Again not sure of the age, but was bought used a year or so ago. And again, keyless entry.
Seems that Jaguar/Land Rover need to do something about their security.
--
*I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce

That looks very much like the vulnerability widely reported last year which affects many other makes. Eg:
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/03/23/time-to-stash-your-keyless-car-entry-fob-in-with-the-frozen-pork-chops/
--
Robin

Your neighbours need to start fitting trackers to their posh cars!
--
Adrian C

I'm told they may not help. Out of the country very quickly.
But someone capable of intercepting and reading the 'key' code would likely be able to disable a tracker too.

On Thu, 06 Jul 2017 14:56:35 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

trackers are easy to detect with a voltage stick , besides most are stuck under the dash , very few are actually buried in door panels or head linings
steve robinson wrote:

I've found two in under 30s each. Not even under the dash, just inside whichever pull-open panel covers the innards!
--
Scott

On 06/07/2017 12:07, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Some of local neighbourhood Watch members report finding theirs and other cars with doors unlocked but undamaged. I haven't asked whether they were keyless entry, I suspect otherwise, and they apparently weren't Porsche enough to be taken away.
Just how easy is it for tealeaves to get entry into cars with remote locking?
--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply