laguna wiper motor?

Hi, My 97 Renault Laguna has just started to have a irritating problem. Sometimes, but not always, when I turn the wipers on they pause before starting, or don't start. I have to get out give them a pull then they work fine, even if turned off and on again. is this a case for WD40 or am I looking at something else to replace? Thanks for all useful replies.

Mike

Reply to
Merlin