Electrical--Wiper/Radio S-10

Here is a good one!

Have a '97 S-10 4.3. For about the past year or better have been having the problem with wipers that this vehicle is known for. Won't shut off on intermittent, sluggish to start, buzzing in radio when turned on.

Well, the other day when I started the vehicle, I had my radio on and heard the same type of buzzing/popping noise that I heard when I turn wipers on the intermittent setting, except when I turned the key, it dimmed the radio light for about 2 seconds and came back on bright for about 2 seconds. It did that 3 times and then paused. About 10 seconds later it did it again, same scenario. Since inquiring minds want to know, I turned on the wipers and the problem quit. I shut vehicle off again, turned the key on again, and same problem. If I turn the wipers on/off, it goes away and does not resume.

I went and got a wiper circuit board today and replaced the old one, thinking that was the problem. All seems to work well on the wiper controls and the intermittent works fine, but when I first turn the key to the on position I still get that electrical "short" that I can see in the radio and hear in the speakers. Until I turn on the wipers it will continue, 3 times/pause/3 more, etc...

Now for the question--Any ideas?

Brad

Reply to
lnbn1975