LDV engine

Hi Could anyone please tell me who makes the LDV engine Thanks from Eddie

Reply to
edwardo

Older LDV's was the 4 cyl Peugeot 2.3L (IIRC) turbo Most of the ones I have been under the bonnet of recently have been.

Des.

Reply to
Dieseldes

On anything recent and certainly badged a Convoy- the whole running gear (engine & box) is direct from the Ford Transit.

Earlier ones were generally the low blow DI (80-ish ps) with MT75 box, later ones use the 2.4 TDCI usually in 90ps form.

The smaller one , forget the name now, use the 1.9 l NA PAS XUD in 70ps form.

The new Maxxus, i think, also uses entirely Ford running gear too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

The Maxus uses a VM common rail unit, in 95PS and 120PS flavours.

Reply to
Andy Tucker

I stand properly corrected.

I hope VM have properly thrown away the truly worse-than-words-dreadful-nightmare individual cylinder-headed unit from the Cherokee / Voyager era, and not re-hashed it...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Older ones than that had the 2 litre Perkins Prima. Many are still going. And I recently saw a sherpa still running with the awesome BMC 1800D

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

As others have said, a variety - most I've seen have used the Ford 2.4 diesel.

Reply to
DervMan

Can that really be as bad as the "O" series engine they used at one time!

Reply to
Fred

The message from "edwardo" contains these words:

Which one? They've had Perkins, Peugeots and Fords at least, and possibly others.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "shazzbat" contains these words:

That was the 200, yes. I think the 400 only ever had bigger engines.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Fred" contains these words:

I battled mightily with one of them for ages before discovering that the cambelt was a tooth or two out. No matter how hard I tried it wouldn't behave itself.

Reply to
Guy King

Dunno, but it's way quieter & more civilised than the ones Ford used to sell them.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

OR even the old 2.5 LandRover lump.

Reply to