Vauxhall Astra 1.7 TDi Estate - Wet boot?

Hi all,

I have recently looked at a second hand car as in the subject field. Noticed that under the carpet in the boot where the spare wheel is was wet. The top of the carpet didn't seem too wet so I assume discounts any leaks from above.

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this? I had a similar thing once in the passgenger footwells and it required new door seals. Could this be a similar thing?

Any help and advice much appreciated.

Cheers all

Paul

Reply to
paul.mullan

IANAM (I am not a mechanic)

Given some of the excessively heavy rain lately, i've also found my boot to be damp, and some water even managed to force its way past seals on my sunroof (which seals perfectly under normal rainy conditions)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Cannot assume no leaks from above as water may soak through the top layer, which would then appear dry, but stay in the underlay

I have also seen this where the cause was a leak in the screenwash feed to the rear window. It was just above the nearside rear door pillar (that was on a Corsa)

Tony

Reply to
TMC

I had the same problem Astra 1.4 Merit. Check the void round the offside rear wheel. The passenger comparment air vent is down there, mine broke so road spray built up in there and was overflowing into the spare wheel well.....

Reply to
James Salisbury