Leaky injector ROFL

I found out why my injector looked leaky. When I open my bonnet after washing my car the bonnet drips on the injector. What makes it worse is that it drips before the bonnet is open wide enough to look in it. So when I open the bonnet (which is almost always after I wash the car) it's nice and wet there. I noticed today because the pipe just above the injector had a drip on it, and it could've only come from above.

So my injector probably isn't leaking. I don't know whether the water could get into it though and cause my problem? Or maybe the water could drip on to other things like the ignition leads? Don't worry, I know you don't want another massive thread. I just thought the info about the leaky injector would make you laugh.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

The message from petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com contains these words:

Stop washing the car. You know it's not worth it.

Reply to
Guy King

There's a petrol detector stick you can buy fairly cheaply. Manufactured by Brymay :-)

Reply to
PM

LOL! FWIW, the water shouldn't cause a problem - after all, anything dripping onto the engine will just evaporate, and anywhere that water would cause a problem is sealed so it can't get in - spark plugs should be done up tight enough so it won't get in there (and it'll evaporate before anyway), same for head gasket (i.e. head bolted to block) and rocker cover. It'll be fine!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

PLEASE Don't go telling Pinking Pete things like that :D

Jinx

Reply to
Mr Jinx

thanks for sharing :) I bet you though you were going to have to spend some $$$

Simon

Reply to
srp

The thought had crossed my mind, but I had my suspicions that it may have come from somewhere else. The leak did quite often look VREY bad just after it had been washed. What made it seem even more weird was the fact that it was dry after a 280mile trip lol.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

I always found that Nose 1.0 worked well.....

Reply to
Chris Street