Light

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Reply to
Adrian

You got an 8v GTI as well? Cool.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

My Saab =A3300, Service history, owners book, reciepts, list of Saab=20 authorised body repairers incase of an insurance claim.

My =A31700 Celica, all of the above, and just about every repair/part/tyre= =20 reciept, plus all of the pre-sales Inspection/Prep reports from Toyota=20 for each of the previous owners.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Depends, some people like swapping engines. They consider it the most fun you can have ona weekend.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

They'd be wrong of course. Finding out what's causing the electrical burning smell and faint wisps of smoke, now /that's/ fun.

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

With me, it working out were that bloody oil leak that is making the smoke is, that I find amusing.

Ended up changing the rocker cover gasket as it couldn't tighten anymore.

It had changed from soft rubber to something like Bakerlite.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Last time I bought a Capri.

Reply to
Conor

The message from James Dore contains these words:

Wish I could find the intermittent fault that's making mine tell me there's a bulb out. I'm getting close to wiring round the detection circuit.

Reply to
Guy King

Right! The Clipper I drove in the US had a "low oil temperature" flashing light - great idea really.

Reply to
DervMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Conor decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

My Capri has full service history and the original bill of sale..[1]

[1] I know, I know, I'm very proud of it. [2] [2] should really get it back on the road, I've got all the bits [3] [3] but not enough time
Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.ox.ac.uk, James Dore decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Paging Andy H...

Reply to
Pete M

Bet you it's the rear cluster. There's two almost brand new ones in a scrappy in Lincolnshire.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

Light clusters or Audi 10 Avants?

Reply to
Guy King

Rear light clusters in my last one :-) Taking the bulbs out, cleaning the contacts up & fitting a NEW bulb used to cure it briefly.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

I've tried that to no avail.

Reply to
Guy King

All it does is tell you there's a high resistance joint somewhere. If you can find one in the scrappy the clusters the most likely culprit, followed by the connecter to the cluster. I'll try & dig out my cd of the service manual & send you the troubleshooting chart (I'm halfway through moving , so I've no idea where the Bentley manual is)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

In message , James Dore writes

Trying to get the bonnet open far enough to get the fire extinguisher nozzle in. That's, erm, exciting. (309 GTI, ruptured power steering hose, cleverly routed just above the exhaust manifold.)

Reply to
Steve Walker

The message from Steve Walker contains these words:

Unlike this bloke - who opened all the doors and bonnet and then left it...

Guy King

In message , Guy King writes

Looks like his final unintended modification was the most tasteful.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Is it just me, or would the fire brigade have been better off coming at it from the other side - the front?

I mean, that's where the fire was, and the wind would have blown all the steam/smoke AWAY from them instead of right at them...

Wtf didn't they use the little fire extinguisher (visible c.50 sec into the vid) when they first pulled up and were peering down into the engine bay at some ickle flames...? (c.10sec in)

Insurance job? He'd realised just how naff his car was, and wanted shot of it?

Reply to
Adrian