Fiesta doors unlock themselves

1995 Fiesta si.

Sometimes when I lock the doors they automatically unlock straight away. This can be when I lock with the key from the outside or when I lock from inside by pushing in the catch on the door.

Often, I have to leave the car unlocked because it won't stay locked!

I'm sure it's me doing something stupid but I can't figure out what!

TIA

Reply to
gateway01uk

Maybe a door not shut properly?!

Reply to
Steven Campbell

or boot electrical contacts broken (either something in-between them or corroded/dirty) so it basically thinks the boots not shut!!

HTH

Loopy

Reply to
loopy livernose

IIRC this is fairly common with fords of this era.

Reply to
doki

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk saying something like:

Try this... leave the key in the ign and press the door locking switch. Do the doors immediately unlock again? If so, there might be a sensor in the keyswitch which has stuck in the 'key still in' position.

Surprised me when I found my SOJC had this fitted, but it prevents you from locking yourself out.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

They do sometimes. It's intermittent which makes me thing it could be a sensor/connection problem like you said.

The car's due a service so I'll ask them to check it out then.

In the meantime I'll have to drive through the mean streets with my doors unlocked!

Thanks for all the replies!

Reply to
gateway01uk