Light

Sometimes when I'm driving along a red light comes on next to an alladin's lamp type symbol. What does this mean?

Reply to
doki

I'm 900% sure this is not a serious Question (your not blonde and female) is this in the Golf?

either way it means your low on oil/oil pressure is low.. and it means you should stop as soon as is safe and add some...

Loopy

Reply to
loopy livernose

The message from "loopy livernose" contains these words:

Then - find the handbook and read it carefully and do what it says.

Reply to
Guy King

LOL.

Reply to
Conor

Hello.

It means you need to visit the local VW dealership and replace all the pointless stick on tat with proper genuine wheels.

Dump those 19" wheels, they make you look like a c*ck, get rid of that £4,500 Superfry replacement EMU and ... oh bugger this I can't keep a straight face!

Does your Golf give you the "flashing red lamp when the oil's cold" warning?

Reply to
DervMan

It means you've just been granted three wishes. I suggest you use the first of them to ask for a handbook for the car.

-- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker

It's time to make a wish!

Reply to
Volff

Means it's pinking

Reply to
Stuart Gray

you wish'd you'd bought a treader !

Reply to
reg

Nevermind looking like a c*ck, you should see me try to park the thing...

Flashing lamp if oil pressure drops. Flashing lamp and buzzer if oil pressure drops at high revs. Oil temperature readout on the MFA. Reaches around 114C when recieving a severe caning IME. The kind where the manifolds glow.

Reply to
doki

When was the last time you had a handbook with a 15-20 year old car?

Reply to
SteveH

Low oil level / pressure.

Reply to
SteveH

You need to rub something to find out. Then the solution may be in hand.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Both golfs (15 years old), my old Volvo (20 years old?)... Even got service stamps for the Volvo and the 8V golf.

Reply to
doki

Is that bad?

Reply to
doki

Is there owt worth doing (from a cost / go perspective) to an 8V Golf GTi engine (PB code as fitted to the MK2)?

Reply to
doki

The message from snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) contains these words:

Well, my 12 year old one arrived with one - as did my 11 year old one.

Reply to
Guy King

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "doki" saying something like:

Hookers Ahead. Have money ready.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

doki ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Put oil in.

Reply to
Adrian

Mine's in the TR7 glovebox, along with all the BL service logs (stamped too :-)

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore