Locked, unlocked, locked unlocked <sigh>

Hi All,

The £100, 75k, 93, Rover 218SD has just passed another MOT so I'm spurred to try to 'sort' it's need to randomly unlock (or lock) it's self apparently randomly?

It was at it's worst the other morning when I was sitting in it waiting outside a shop (engine off but radio on) when it must have locked / unlocked itself maybe 10 times in 5 mins! It *seems* to tie in with times when other folk are using their radio fobs and in / near car parks etc.

It's my belief that the rf side of the factory alarm is vunerable to any RF it happens to come across and as I've never owned the key-fob thing I see no point keeping it functioning?

So, anyone been here before and may know where I need to get into the cct to leave the central locking functioning but not driven by the alarm system please?

I did try removing a relay from under the center console but that just immobilised the thing solid ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

On my 620, water had got into the unit in the boot.

Reply to
Conor

Hi Conor,

Any idea what this 'unit' does (did)?

Water seems to get into this boot but I just took out a small rubber grommet in the floorpan to let it out again ;-)

If I can find the RX box / unit / ant I could put it into an earthed can ..

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m