LONDON numberplate

Here's one for you folks to work out ... we were on the M1 yesterday going south, towards Derby and saw the Police had stopped a car. The numberplate was clear in huge block capital letters and read as LONDON as we trogged past at 68 mph. What number/letter combination would make up LONDON then?

Just curious . . . . . but can't work it out myself.

Reply to
Odin

LON100N with th space reduced between 1 and 0

Reply to
MrCheerful

Doesn't have to be a letter number combination. IIRC the regulations are that private plates simply require at least one numeral and no more than seven characters in total.

Reply to
gazzafield

MrCheerful mumbled incoherently to the rest of uk.rec.cars.maintenance:

Or someone was trying to get away with a show-plate.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

wrong !

the plate has to be issued by the DVLA

which generally means only the following patterns

nx xn xnn nnx xxnn - xxnnnn nnxx - nnnnxx nnnx - nnnxxx xnnn - xxxnnn xxx n- nnn x x n-nnn xxx xx nn xxx

in line with current and previous practice in standard plates

Reply to
Martyn H

Do all the SINGH's and SANDHU's live in my town?

Reply to
John

Well, aren't you the clever one?

Reply to
gazzafield

*shudders* I remember driving home from Silverstone with Kermy's show plates! :-)
Reply to
DervMan

Reply to
NOTDoug