Lots of interesting info on MoTs

A major database of what fails on what model of what year and how it compares with others, plus what is likely to fail in your area.

Mrcheerful

Is this a true test, or is it "how bent MOT garages are in the UK?"

I mean, FFS, how can 98% more cars fail on brakes in Dundee than in the South East?... something isn't right there. If those stats were to be believed, half of the people in Dundee would be dead!

Reply to
Mike P

I was always told that if there is a fault with the car or you have been drinking, then you should drive extra carefully :)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I dunno, I mean it's not as if the average age of cars is older & there's far more salt dumped on the roads in the SE.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Might explain why the serious accident rate in that part of the world is way above the average.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

98% more than what? relative differences expressed as percentages can be extremely misleading...
Reply to
David Taylor

Is this a true test, or is it "how bent MOT garages are in the UK?"

I mean, FFS, how can 98% more cars fail on brakes in Dundee than in the South East?... something isn't right there. If those stats were to be believed, half of the people in Dundee would be dead!

I hope it is not true because I live there !

Gio

Reply to
Gio

If that is an accurate quote, all it means is nearly twice as many cars fail on brakes than in the SE.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)