M.O.T fail & advisory

Hi all,

Got a car that failed it's M.O.T last year and was retested at the same garage two days later where it passed.

Looking at the history on the web I see there were two advisories on the fail sheet but they don't appear on the retest, would they have been mentioned again (on the pass)?

Do I take it that they were also repaired before the retest?

Thanks,

Reply to
Beagle

it would depend on whether the same person did the second test. If it was the same person and the advisories were not fixed then they 'should' be on the pass, but if it was someone else then all bets are off. What were the advisories? is it easy to see the advisory bits? were they inconsequential?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks Mr. C. Advisory items were:

Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin (3.5.1g) Gear box mtg badly worn

I am assuming the brakes were done as they seem fine and don't think there is any excessive movement via gearbox.

Reply to
Beagle

front pads are usually visible through the wheel nowadays, so take a look. Brakes can still operate well up to the moment before they fail.

as to the gearbox mount you need to get right under, in all probability both things were done, but it is well worth checking.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks again Mr.C. Will have the chance to check in a couple of days. As you say, most likely done.

Reply to
Beagle

Why not just ring them?

Reply to
Nige

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:53:46 +0000, Nige stammered:

What good would that do?

I recently bought a car with a full service history, with all the bills to back it up. The previous owner clearly believed the work had been done as billed.

From doing a bit of work on the car the last week or so, it's clear that it has not been done.

Reply to
Mike P

Ring who?

If you mean the last owner, no point whatsoever. She is a family friend and I know for a fact she always just paid the bill for anything she was told the car needed and never got any paperwork in return.

Reply to
Beagle