Skyline GT-R C.o.C cerficate

Is there any place where i can get european C.o.C certificate to nissan skyline gt-r , bnr-32?

thanks, Jani

Reply to
Jamppa

As they only made it in RHD it was never sold in Europe, so there is no CoC. As far as I know other than a very few GT-R34's no Skylines since the Datsun 240K Type C110 (and I'm not sure if those aren't private imports too) have been sold in Europe.

For the UK low volume cars are imported on a SVA (Single vehicle approval). It's not transferable, it only applies to the importer that brings the car in. I think they can bring in about 50 cars all to exactly the same spec before having to re-apply but as it's hard to get the spec to match exactly each importer has to put every car though the test.

Late GT-R34 was sold in the UK only and not anywhere else in Europe. RHD only again. Only 6 Nissan dealers were allowed to sell it, the other Nissan dealers wouldn't even tell anyone it existed, let alone where to get one. Even after I told them I wanted something to replace a 200SX turbo and they had offered a 3.0 V6 QX (Maxima) and I was walking out the door telling them it was no sale. As makers Nissan could certify the spec was the same so they could bring batches of 50 in on low volume SVA but I believe they only sold 6 in the UK in the last year it was on sale.

Cars under 10 years old have to be stock models so mods have to be removed before the test but can be refitted after. But it incurs cost of buying the correct bits, fitting them and removing them again Over

10 years old and there is no SVA test, anything goes, just a MOT condition test to check it's road worthy.

If you are importing one to Europe you may have to get one though the UK SVA or if over 10 years old just the MOT and then register it in the UK. Then under EU law I think it will be legally possible to re-register it in any other EU country but you should get advice on if a UK SVA is acceptable. Link below says it is OK in the Netherlands and everywhere else in Europe.

SVA test also applies to low volume UK makers and kit cars.

You should be able avoid the "Q" plate as that for cars of unknown age. You just need to prove the year of manufacture.

Peter Hill

Thanks for your advice, my skyline is registered in UK now, and its model bnr-32, -92..and i get it in finland next week. so, no SVA, just MOT.

I think there is lots of problems to get that car registered in finland, i hope that UK registration helps things here finland.

Thanks, Jani

Reply to
Jamppa