MAP Sensor Renault Megane 1.6

Yesterday I used my car with no problem - this morning turns over but will not fire. Assuming it is probably a sensor failure I have been looking at the MAP sensor. It measures 1450 ohms between the outer terminals but no reading between any other combination.

Two questions:

a, Will a broken MAP stop the engine firing b, As the MAP appears to be a potentiometer I think there should be a resistance reading between all three contacts.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

a : Should run without one

b: the outer two should have 5v supplied to them, when running there whould be .2 to 5 v (measured to earth)

Does it spark ? Remember that you need to go back to locked up if you leave the key in for more than ten minutes (immobiliser kicks in)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Not normally

Reply to
Duncan Wood

that should read that the middle pin has 0.2 - 5v (to earth) with the engine running

Reply to
Mrcheerful