Marlin kit car

I asked about UK - Germany car design differences, and I passed on to my friend what you told me, and he is now very interested in Marlin kit car. Like this one:

I know that there are more similarly designed cars (classic British roadster, right?), but I can not remember any. Can you help?

He is looking for the car for up to =C2=A34000 to do some work on it in his spare time, and that can be easily converted to the left hand drive.

--=20 ___ ____ /__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 ** / / \/ /\ \ ** Registered Linux user #291606 ** /__/\____/--\__\ **

**

Reply to
Yvan

What a great choice for the engine. Why would you want to put one of these in when you should get a car that will take a modern engine that comes with pollution gear setup , which you will need.

I think the balance will be all wrong if this car was designed with that lump.

Doner car 1976 = built 1989 bit long in the tooth.

My mate has a Westfield which he bought a Mazda 1/2 cut with a 1.8 engine and 6 speed gear box - this came with all the bits with not much else to sort. engine /gbox / pollution gear.

Reply to
Rob

Nedavno Rob napisa:

The link I posted is not the car that my friend will buy, it is just an example for the design that he is looking for, and I am asking if someone knows any other model with similar design.

--=20 ___ ____ /__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 ** / / \/ /\ \ ** Registered Linux user #291606 ** /__/\____/--\__\ **

**

Reply to
Yvan

I know nothing whatever about kit cars, but the Caterham 7 seems to be popular:

I think there are plenty of Seven clones around too.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

The current evolution of the old Marlin kit cars are now made by Javelin:

and Aquila:

Royale:

and Burlington:

kit cars are similar in style.

Most kit cars are Lotus 7 or AC Cobra replicas but Wikipedia has a list if you want to go through them:

Reply to
bweebar

There are a lot of kit cars that have now left the scene but you must get a modern design to take late model car parts.

Reply to
Rob

There are three that seem to turn up at most of the shows I go to here in the SE. Beautifully made. But in a different class (and cost to build) than a Marlin.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why's that ?

Reply to