Mazda 323 blowers.

Does anyone else have a mazda 323 where the blowers are a bid feeble. It sounds like they're working on the passenger side, but there is hardly any strength to the air coming out and it was only able to demist half the screen. This is the 323F GLX version - 1996 without air conditioning.

Cheers

Tee

Reply to
Tolakin

Does it have a pollen filter? If so, it'll need changing.

Reply to
Conor

I had this car quite a number of years ago, pretty good car-choice! Ours was the 1997 model, but from what I've just had a look at, they should be (about) the same. There's a small flap that should move in a timely manner to ensure all vents get an appropriate flow of air, ours got jammed at one point. We had the filter changed, as Conor suggested, at the same time. Have a bash at the filter first, as taking the dash apart is an f-ing nightmare. You'd think it was a Renault from the state of it once done!

Reply to
David R

Hi,

Where is the pollen filter on the 323?

We have a 1997, 1.5 petrol model with A/C. I'd sort of decided ith doesn't have one as Halfords don't sell replacements and there is no mention of it in Haynes or the owners manual.

many thanks,

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler

Halfords don't sell brake pads or shoes for my 1986 Ford Capri so does that mean it doesn't have them?

At least one person on here has already said they changed theirs.

Reply to
Conor

Knowing Halfords they probably would deny your car has brake pads.

I'll ring Mazda parts and try to buy a pollen filter for my car, that should hopefully prove if it exists. It is possible the filter was only fitted to some models.

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler

It took me ages to get mine. And you're right, some models don't have it, it depends how high up in the range yours is I think, which is a very stupid design decision by them at the time!! I found certain mazda 323 parts quite hard to come by, as the GLX wasn't as popular at the time as the sexier model.

My memory's not what it used to be, sorry I can't remember dismantling instructions.

Reply to
David R

Thanks Dave, I will look with renewd vogour.

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler

LOL.

Yep..get the answer direct from the horses mouth.

Reply to
Conor