Transit 1994 dashboard votltage regalator

I have a temperature and fuel gauge which tend to have 2 sets of positions.

I find it annoying and assume the voltage regulator/stabiliser is faulty.

To save taking the instrument cluster out to have a look, can anyone indicate if the regulator is a replaceable item, how easy is it to replace and is it a standard part I can bet from motor factor?

Reply to
Fred

THey're held on with a small nut and are replaceable. Ford should have one.

Reply to
Conor

Many thanks. One small nut? It would need a minimum of 3 terminal (including ground) for it to work.

Reply to
Fred

From memory, it's a package that is a press fit in and the nut simply bolts through the heatsink and retains it in place.

Reply to