Mazda prob

Hi, I've got a Mazda 626 exec. auto 1990 vintage and just lately the overdrive gears refuse to work, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd work ok and the o/d light on the dash comes on when the gear lever button is pushed but it doesn't work. Ever since I first bought it around 3 years ago it wouldn't go in to overdrive until the temperature had reached a certain level and the local dealer said this was normal.

Has anyone else come across this problem? it's not really worth spending a fortune getting it fixed but the car is too clean to ditch!

Many thanks for any help

( I tried rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata but contributors are a bit thin on the ground!)

Jess

Reply to
Jess