Megane Scenic 1.6 head gasket

How much, roughly, to replace one? Son's considering buying a 103,000 mile

1.6l 1998 one and we don't know if it's been done in the past.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Why do you want to change it?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

If its showing no signs, it ain't broke. 103,000 miles means nothing.=20 My Capri has 174,000 on it on its original - there's certainly nothing=20 in its history file.=20

Standard rule of thumb price for owt like that is =A3400-=A3600.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

do you mean head gasket? or cam belt?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I don't, but they're known for failing so just in case it's being sold due to the first signs of failure, possibly, I'd like to know what it will cost to put right.

It's irrelephant anyway as I'm now told it *has* already been done!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot