Moandeo 6-Speed Gearbox - Any Good?

I'm considering buying a Moandeo ST220 Estate. The earlier model has a

5-speed manual cogbox, whilst the 2003 'facelift' model has a 6-speed manual.

I know the 5-speed cogboxes are pretty good, but what about the 6-speed? Did Ford get them right first time, or is it not worth the extra money to go for a 6-speeder?

Any comments, good or bad, appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
mlv

In news:dvpchi$spt$ snipped-for-privacy@north.jnrs.ja.net, mlv wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

It's worth the money. The Ford 6 speed box is quite nice, as gearboxes go.

Reply to
Pete M

I've got a 6 speed on a TDCI.

Box isn't bad.

2nd can be a bit stiff when it's cold.

My *personal* bugbear is that reverse is next to first, and there's no "ring" that you've got to pull up to put it in, so it's *very* easy to slip it into Reverse rather than 1st.

This has now been fixed apparently!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith